POSITION : PATTERNMAKER
An opportunity has arisen to join our Patternmaking workshop team,
– Read and interpret part drawings and build patterns, core boxes, etc. according to the instructions provided, adding contraction as necessary.
– Maintain and repair patterns, core boxes and modify as required.
– Make pattern boards and bolster frames, chill patterns and other stock parts to be used in the foundry.
– Make and install running, gating and feeding on patterns.
– Clean patterns as required
– Reproduce existing or master patterns
– Create 3D models and program, set-up and run CNC milling machine
– Perform and assist with basic pattern shop duties, such as, loading and unloading of trucks, transporting tooling to and from the pattern shop, changing saw and jointer blades, basic shop and machine maintenance.
– Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a Pattern shop, using traditional techniques and 3D modelling software
– General knowledge of foundry operations particularly as they relate to the success of patterns, core boxes, fixtures, and manipulators produced.
– Engineering background, good hand eye coordination, practical approach
– Good mathematical knowledge
– Able to work alone under instruction and assist team members as necessary
– Good communicator
– Must possess a general knowledge of the safe operation of woodworking and metalworking machinery.
– Working under the direction of the Tooling Director and in accordance with general Pattern Shop procedures and practices
06:45 – 17:00 Mon – Thurs (39 hour week)
PLEASE SEND CURRENT CV TO: email@example.com